This is a brief overview for Commissioners about the kinds of sessions The Owl Centre can offer them in all of our service disciplines.
The Owl Centre can provide exceptional paediatric services through its diligent and motivated group of multidisciplinary therapists. We can be commissioned to provide services for:
- Education Commissioners
- Health Commissioners
- Social Service Commissioners
We use evidence-based interventions and will provide statistical information to prove that employing our therapists makes a difference.
Examples of types of service
You can employ The Owl Centre:
- To meet the needs of Educational and Health care plans
- To provide a service or training package in a number of different schools across a whole county for a particular client group that needs support (for example, children with ADHD or girls with Autism).
- To enhance the current service when there have been staff absences on a short term / temporary basis.
Procuring our services
The Owl Centre is happy to offer its services via the following means:
- Tendering for service contracts
- Service Level agreements
- Spot purchasing arrangements
- Contracted individualised therapy packages
- Referrals directly from clients
Examples of the kinds of children for whom our services can be commissioned:
- Young people and their new families in the adoption and fostering system
- Looked after children in care settings and placed within the community
- Children, young people and adults with learning disabilities
Types of Appointments:
- Initial Assessments
- Follow-up Assessments (Reviews)
- Second Opinion assessments
- Tailor-made therapy programmes to meet your child's individual needs. These are generally conducted in-house or through school or home visits.
- Advice Sessions
- The Owl Centre is happy to implement a therapy programme from a current NHS report or enhance the activities written in the child’s ‘My Plan’.
Meetings we can attend:
- TAC meetings
- Case conferences
- Annual reviews
- IEP meetings
- My Plan meetings
The Owl Centre can carry out a range of training programmes for teachers, TAs, keyworkers, parents and guardians to enable them to meet the specific needs of children. Examples of training courses we have delivered in the past include:
- Practical activities for developing speech and language skills in the Early Years.
- Developing eating and drinking skills
- Practical activities for supporting sensory processing at home
- Practical activities for supporting sensory processing at school
- Introduction to Art Therapy (for teachers, TAs, keyworkers, and other professionals)
- Introduction to Music Therapy (for schools)
- Introduction to Dramatherapy (for schools)
- Providing training in the ICAN Talk Boost Programme
- Providing an overview of Autism and its current therapy interventions
- Practical activities for developing communication skills for the under 2 year olds.
- Semantic links
- Creating opportunities for communication in the classroom
For more information about our services, please contact us