Services which our Special Educational Needs (SEN) Parent Advisors can offer in Gloucestershire.
Parents of children diagnosed with special educational needs face a new world with its own language, schools and endless forms. This can feel isolating and daunting. As parents of children with complex special educational needs, our SEN Parent Advisors have personal experience of the challenges for carers.
Parents and carers can be helped in many respects, including the following:
- Completing forms such as Disability Living Allowance, Carers Allowance
- Where to apply for grants for equipment, iPads, holidays, etc. and completing the grant application forms if needed.
- Explaining the language of the SEN world!
- Information on local activities and support groups, holidays and days out, clothing, toys and equipment and UK Charities.
- Planning and managing events on behalf of schools or organisations.
Our SEN advisors can help parents prepare for meetings with professionals and can attend meetings to support parents. They offer personalised support based on a parent's need. It can make all the difference to speak to someone who has been there.
Workshops - workshops for schools / parents / support groups covering their choice of the following topics:
- Person Centred Planning and EHC Plans
- Sibling Support
- Help with forms - DLA, Grant Applications, Carers Allowance
- Sleep difficulties
- Fundraising for Schools
- Who cares for the carer? How we as parents can support ourselves and each other.
Please click here to find information about our Special Educational Needs Parent Advisors in Gloucestershire.