Highly Professional Speech and Language Therapists in North London.
The Owl Centre boasts a team of highly qualified and experienced Speech and Language Therapists in North London
The Speech and Language Therapists at The Owl Centre in North London combine expertise and experience with a friendly and sympathetic approach to the children and parents they see. They also have links with the NHS to ensure a seamless continuity for clients who have received NHS assessments or therapy.
"Temporarily Unavailable" Rhiannon Halfpenny BSc (Hons) (University College London), MHCPC, MRCSLT, MASLTIP
Rhiannon is a creative therapist who strongly believes that children learn best when they are having fun. Therefore, therapy sessions with Rhiannon are exciting, imaginative and based strongly around research.
Rhiannon works closely with parents to set individual and personalised targets, enabling children to reach their full potential. Parents are provided with clear, manageable strategies so that they feel confident in carrying out activities when she isn’t there.
Rhiannon currently combines her independent work alongside her work as a therapist at a London-based children’s hospital. Her professional experience has also enabled her to develop skills working with children with speech and language delays/disorders in mainstream clinics and nursery settings. Rhiannon has experience working with children who stammer and is Lidcombe and Parent Child Interaction (PCI) trained. Rhiannon has developed further specialism working with children with Autism and developmental needs such as Down’s syndrome and Cerebral Palsy.
Rhiannon is able to provide outreach therapy to the following areas in North London:
- East Finchley
- Finchley Central
- Finchley Road
- Gospel Oak
- High Barnet
- Kentish Town
- Mill Hill East
- Old Street
- Stoke Newington
- Totteridge and Whetstone
- Tufnell Park
- West Finchley
- Woodside Park
Sarika Patel BSc (Hons)
Sarika is a graduate of the BSc (Hons) Language and Communication Sciences. She is a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant who has previous experience providing therapy to children aged 1-18 years old in the following settings: community clinics, nurseries, mainstream primary and secondary schools and special education needs schools. Most recently, Sarika worked as a Special Education Needs teaching assistant. She worked within a Key Stage 2 classroom with children with Autism, Downs Syndrome and other learning disabilities.
Sarika enjoys working in conjunction with parents and other professionals to provide therapy that is tailored and most impactful for a child in their environment. She believes that therapy should be a fun, engaging and motivating way to meet the needs of the child. In order to ensure this, Sarika can provide creative activities that engage children and can also be replicated by parents.
Sarika is based in Harrow but can be flexible in the locations that she can travel to. These include:
- Edgware and Barnet
- Finchley Road
- South Harrow
- Stonebridge Park
Charlotte Katie Troy - BA (Hons).
Full name: Charlotte Katie Troy
Known as: Charlotte
Type of therapist: Speech and Language Therapist.
Qualifications: BA (Hons).
Year of qualifying: 2013
- Qualified from the University of Manchester in 2013 with a First Class honours degree and a distinction in clinical practice.
- Has worked in the NHS for over 5 years where she has gained vast experience in supporting children from 2 to 18 years old with a range of speech, language and communication needs. She has worked in community clinics, nurseries, mainstream and special schools as well as families’ homes.
- Confident and practised in working with children with a range of needs including language delay, developmental language disorder, speech sound difficulties, dysfluency (stammering) and social communication difficulties.
- Has a keen interest in supporting children who present with Autistic Spectrum Conditions as well as children who require the support of Alternative and Augmentative Communication systems (including paper-based systems e.g. Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and electronic based systems e.g. iPads running communication apps such as Proloquo2go).
Charlotte has the following specialist training:
- Social Communication, Emotional Regulation and Transactional Support (SCERTS) (Autism UK)
- Attention Autism (led by Gina Davis)
- Makaton for Professionals (Enhancement Workshop)
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication Unit (ACE Centre, Oldham)
In addition, Charlotte has completed the following training focused on supporting children who experience dysfluency (stammering) and language disorders:
- Palin Parent Child Interaction (PCI) (Michael Palin Centre for Stammering)
- The Lidcombe Program of Early Stuttering Intervention (RCSLT – led by Corinne Moffatt-Santos and Sally Wynne)
- Word Aware
- Passionate about joint working and is skilled at liaising and working collaboratively with parents, Teaching Assistants / Learning Support Assistants, Class Teachers, SENCos, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Educational Psychologists and advisory teachers.
- When little, she was on kids TV!
Profiles of the other Owl Centre therapists to follow soon.
Please click here to find more information about the private speech and language therapy services provided by our Speech and Language Therapists in North London.