Next 2 day MAKATON (Levels 1 and 2) Training Course in Oxford: 2nd & 3rd April. Fee: £120 per person (incl. manuals). Contact us if you wish to attend.
Type of therapist: Speech and Language Therapy
AACArticulation and PhonologyAutism SpectrumAutism Diagnosis (ADOS)Language DisorderLearning Disability
- An enthusiastic, passionate and dynamic Speech and Language Therapist who specialises in Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and has a strong interest in working with children with speech delay and disorder.
- Experienced working with children and young people 1-18 years old who have a language delay / disorder, speech delay / disorder, ASD, learning disabilities and complex needs.
- I have worked in special schools, resourced provisions, primary schools, nurseries, children centres, providing home visits and am currently part of the under 5 diagnostic pathway within the NHS.
-Skilled in delivering training and workshops about a range of topics to different audiences, including the National Autistic Society Earlybird plus parent course.
- I have received training in many speech and language intervention programmes such as Social thinking, Intensive Interaction, Attention Autism, SCERTS, Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), Colourful Semantics and Shape Coding, Word Aware, Language For Thinking, Cued Articulation, Makaton and Palin Parent Child Interaction.
- I am also trained in assessment tools such as the ComFor Symbolic assessment and the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule- 2nd Edition (ADOS-2).
- Committed to a parent centred approach to ensure that parents are involved in the journey with their child and that they can support them throughout the day.
- I have a strong drive to learn about the current evidence base of interventions and approaches and ensure that this is embedded into everyday practice.